Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Trailer: Iron Maiden - Behind the Beast



Hitting the stores today is what feels like Iron Maiden's 100th live album, 'En Vivo'.

Recorded before a crowd of 50,000 fans in Santiago, Chile on April 10, 2011.

Don't get me wrong, I love Maiden but in the last 10 years they've released 4 live albums and only 3 studio ones. Something seems a little out of balance with that.

I have always viewed live albums and best of compilations with a cynical eye. A shameless cash grab on the part of bands who know that there are legions of completist fans out there that will buy whatever the band chooses to slap their logo on. KISS, another favorite band of mine is the most guilty player of this kind out there.

I would be interested in checking out the behind-the-scenes documentary that is included with 'En Vivo' just because I'm into that stuff. Hopefully, I'll get a chance.

If you're a Maiden fan, you already know what you're in for. - Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment